Now that Christmas is over, we can get ready to welcome in a New Year! My number 1 "refresher" for getting over one huge celebration (Christmas) and preparing for the next is … a massage. Yup! I did it. I got a massage.
I booked a Relaxation Massage with Absolutely Fabulous Urban Spa courtesy of SocialShopper. It's a clean, warm and very relaxing spa with very kind front door staff who greeted me with green tea. But best of all it's conveniently located off the Seawall on Hornby and Beach Ave.
When you walk out of the spa after your treatment, you don't feel bombarded by traffic and people. You walk out, and you're steps from the Seawall, you can see Granville Island, the bridges and you're in a quiet neighbourhood with a bakery around the corner. Peace & quiet.
But let's back up a bit and talk about the massage. I was in a dim room with high ceilings, warm blankets and a crackling fireplace. Danielle started off the massage by saying something a yoga instructor would totally say. She said "take a deep breath, and try to stay present in this moment…." I drifted off and was totally zen.
I even fell asleep. Haha! I guess I was tired from Christmas!
Here's my Party Prep "To-Do" List Before New Years Eve
2. Buy Champagne - Summerhill Cipes Brut
3. Turn on some music and light a candle - Voluspa Crisp Champagne
4. Paint nails - Essie in Hors D'oeuvres & Licorice
5. Go with gold glitter eyeshadow & nude lips…
6. OR bold lips and simple eyeliner?
8. Dress down the skirt for a house party with a chunky knit.
9. Have a little champagne pre-sips! - Bubbly Gold Champagne Flutes from Chapters